Garlic and Sun Dried Tomato Focaccia Bread
Updated: Mar 24
Oven-baked Italian bread made with fantastic flavours of olive oil, garlic, sundried tomato, olives and herbs, great as a side with pasta recipes to soak up the juices. Or make up extra Oil mixture and serve together to be dipped in!
Olive oil mix:
120 ml of Olive oil
2 tsp Gia Garlic Puree
1 Tbsp of Gia Sundried Tomato Puree
1 Tbsp Dried mixed herbs
Black olives (cut into halves)
Black pepper to taste
Focaccia Bread mix:
300 grams of Plain Flour
2 tsp of dry yeast
1/2 tsp of Honey
Pinch of Salt
240 ml of warm water
1. In a bowl combine the olive oil, Gia Garlic puree, Gia Sundried Tomato puree, dried mixed herbs and pepper and place to one side.
2. In a large mixing bowl stir the yeast, warm water and honey together and set to one side for 5 minutes.
3. Add 120 grams of flour and 4 tbsp of the oil mix to the large mixing bowl with the yeast, warm water and honey.
Stir together and until all ingredients in the bowl are mixed in and place to one side for another 5 minutes.
4. Place 2 tbsp of the olive oil mix into the cooking tin and spread all over the base and around the sides.
5. Stir in the remaining flour and salt, when the dough forms together, place on a floured board and knead the dough for 5 minutes until smooth. Add more flour if too sticky.
6. Place the kneaded dough in the oiled baking tin with a dampened towel over the top and let rise for 1 hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 200°c /400f
8. After 1 hour of resting, the bread will have risen. Start to dimple the bread with your finger/thumb (put some oil on your finger/thumb to stop the bread sticking to it) when pushing into the bread push all the way down until you hit the base.
9. Pour 2 tbsp of the oil mix over top of the bread. Place your olives into the dimples you created, place in the oven for 20 minutes.
10. Remove, let sit for 10 minutes before removing the pan. Finally glaze with the leftover oil mix. Slice and serve!
11. Enjoy :)