Mozzarella Crispy Chicken
Updated: Dec 29, 2019
This chicken dish is a great family meal and full of flavour with no skimping on the cheese that just melts in your mouth.
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook time 20 mins
4 Chicken breasts
1 Bag of grated mozzarella cheese
3 tbsp plain flour
2 Eggs whisked
100g Breadcrumbs (any will do, we used a mixture of Panko and Golden)
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 Tube of Gia Tomato and garlic puree
A handful of chopped Basil
1 Bag of Rocket salad
Preheat Oven to 200°C
1. Slice the chicken breasts in half length-ways to create a pocket, fill with Mozzarella Cheese.
2. Dip to coat each breast in turn,
*bowl of flour
*bowl of egg
* finally a bowl of breadcrumbs.
3. Fry the coated chicken breasts in a little bit of oil for 3 mins on each side.
(This is to crisp up the coating, not to cook the chicken!)
4. In a oven dish pour in Passata, Gia Tomato & Garlic Puree, Basil and Pepper. Stir together.
5. Add Breaded Chicken Breasts on top of the sauce sprinkle with Parmesan and cover with foil, cook for 25 mins.
6. Serve Chicken on top of rocket drizzled with balsamic glaze and add the remaining sauce on top of the Chicken, one last sprinkle of Parmesan and you're ready to tuck in!
Watch our step by step video below;